Recycled Tyvek® Pants Protective Clothing
Tyvek®, (Spunbonded Olefin), Specifications
With Tyvek® protective clothing you don’t have to compromise. That’s because Tyvek® protective clothing delivers the best balance of protection, durability and comfort.
Made using a proprietary manufacturing process, Tyvek® features a protective inherent barrier. Tyvek is 100% High Density Polyethylene, (HDPE), and it's generic trade name is "spunbonded olefin". So, unlike other protective clothing fabrics, which have either a film or coating that can be easily scratched or worn away, Tyvek® provides barrier through the entire fabric.
As a result, your protection is not compromised unless the clothing has been completely torn which isn’t easy to do because of the strength and durability of Tyvek.® Make sure you’re getting Tyvek.® Ask for it by name. Barrier Protection You Can Trust, Durability That Isn’t Easily Compromised
- Tyvek® protective clothing is the industry standard for dry particulate barriers. Microscopic particles as small as 0.5 microns can’t pass through Tyvek® even after it’s been abraded.
- Tyvek® protective clothing is an inherent barrier not easily scratched or worn away. Comfort You’d Never Expect Standing still, your body radiates heat and moisture vapor. So, it’s no surprise that working in protective apparel that can’t breathe escalates the problem dramatically and can affect productivity. It’s called heat stress. And, it can seriously compromise your safety, especially in hazardous environments.
- Tyvek® protective clothing lets air and moisture vapor pass through.
- Tyvek® breathes. Breathability is a key factor in reducing heat stress.
- Tyvek® is six times more breathable than microporous film garment materials.
- Tyvek® protective clothing is available in a wide variety of garment styles, such as coveralls, lab coats, smocks and aprons and has a wide range of applications in many different industries.
Recycled Tyvek® Protective Clothing Test properties:
|Basis Weight||ASTM D3776||1.2 oz/yd2|
|Flammability||16 CFR 1610||Class 1|
|Static||Log R null||<9.7|
|Strip tensile (lb/in)||ASTM D1682||MD7.6/ CD 8.5|
|Thickness||ASTM D1777||5.4 mils|
|Tongue tear||ASTM D2261||MD 2.3/ CD 2.4|
Typical Applications for Tyvek® jumpsuits: agriculture, excavation work, food processing, fiberglass manufacturing, spray painting / finishing operations, lead abatement, forensics, composite material handling, asbestos abatement, general maintenance and clean up, mold remediation, dry chemicals, dirt and radioactive dust, oil, grease, sludge, power washing, utility work, car repair, pesticides, embalming, crime scene work, home construction projects, sewer construction, cleanroom manufacturing, herbicides, industrial coating operations, carbon black manufacture, aluminum foundry work, garbage collection, road construction, wood working, environmental abatement, insulation contactors, mining.