Tyvek Clothing Applications
Trades that use disposable clothing:
- General Maintenance work; Tyvek® and MaxShield and GreenShield material have a high liquid and particle barrier, low weight and high resistance to tear, and abrasion, while ensuring an effective level of permeability to air and water vapor". This makes the coveralls protective from penetration while still allowing breathability. Sample companies in this category would be Construction, Landscaping, Steel mills, Engineering etc.
- Asbestos removal; Independent laboratory tests have shown that Tyvek® blocks penetration of more than 99% of asbestos fibers. Sample companies in this category would be Environmental services, insulation companies, contractors, demolition crews etc.
- Fiberglass handling; Tyvek® is a DuPont spun bonded olefin which is put through a point bonded process that provides opacity. It was developed for asbestos removal, working with fiberglass and use in clean rooms. MaxShield and GreenShield is our alternative solution to Tyvek® while still offering the same coverage and protection. Sample companies in this category would be Fiberglass engineers, Structural composite companies, Fabricators etc.
- Paint spraying and handling; Disposable coveralls are used in paint rooms to protect workers skin and clothes from splattered paint. Water vapor can pass through Tyvek®, MaxShield and GreenShield material but not liquid water. Sample companies in this category would be Automobile refinishers, Coating companies, Industrial floor coatings, Industrial painters etc.
- Food handling and processing; Product contamination not has an effect on food quality and shelf life; it also has an end result on costs. That is one reason food industries incorporate limited-use protective garments in the operations. These garments are worn by employees and visitors. In the food handling and processing industries, contamination and infection are an ongoing risk. Some of the risks are Salmonella bacteria and Hepatitis A virus. Sample companies in this category would be Restaurants, USDA, Meat packing plants, Food Assembly Co. etc
- Medical and research work; Disposable clothing is used in health care for modesty garments. Research laboratories use protective apparel to minimize risk of exposure to fluids, tissues etc. Sample companies in this category would be Medical research industries, Home health care, Hospitals and Bio-Labs.
or call us at 800-841-4230